A workplace injury can be devasting to families. A work injury can lead to financial ruin, strained relationships and even homelessness.
If you’ve suffered a work injury, and you don’t know what to do, you have four choices: do nothing; depend on the advice of your employer; struggle on your own; or seek the advice of a law firm that will fight for the rights and benefits of you and your family.
The choice is obvious, isn’t it? Your decision, says Peter Abbarno, partner at Althauser Rayan Abbarno, LLP in Centralia, can affect not just an immediate claim, but future benefits for the injured worker and their families. Abbarno recognizes the financial strain an injury can cause on a family so he offers free consultations for every injured worker.
A recent article in the Chronicle highlighted the services of Althauser Rayan Abbarno.
The experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at Althauser Rayan Abbarno protect families impacted by a work injury by helping them get the appropriate medical treatment, so they can get back to work; secure their benefits like time loss, loss of earning power, and permanent partial disability payments; and protect their future rights.
Here are 6 reasons for hiring an experienced workers’ compensation attorney for your case:
1. You need an experienced injury attorney to evaluate your claim. Every worker’s compensation claim is different. An experience injury attorney, like the lawyers at Althauser Rayan Abbarno, LLP, can help determine whether the injured worker is receiving all the benefits owed to them and their family. You don’t know what benefits you are missing out on if you don’t know what benefits are due to you in the first place.
2. Your work injury may implicate other areas of the law. It is not uncommon for an injured worker to want a will or estate plan drafted before surgery, to have a landlord-tenant dispute due to the financial strain, or to experience other issues outside of the worker’s compensation area. Althauser Rayan Abbarno, LLP has six attorneys and nine staff that work together in a collaborative manner. Their attorneys and staff are proud to work with individuals, families, and businesses throughout the community to address all the legal issues facing a client.
3. Worker’s compensation law is unique and complex. You wouldn’t hire a pediatrician to handle your heart surgery. Likewise, you need someone who truly understands worker’s compensation system handling your workers’ compensation claim.
4. You may be missing deadlines and waiving important rights and benefits. An experienced worker’s compensation attorney knows that claims must be filed promptly, and there are time limits to filing protests and appeals to adverse orders against your claim. If a deadline is missed, an injured worker could be waiving away rights and benefits. Althauser Rayan Abbarno attorneys will help protect your rights so you do not waive a right to monetary compensation or reasonable and necessary treatment.
5. Third-party liability cases changes everything. If your work injury was caused by a third party, the case becomes even more complex. A common example is an employee driving for an employer who gets injured in an automobile collision. These types of cases involve opening both a worker’s compensation claim and a personal injury claim. You’ll want a legal team with the know-how to handle both claims.
6. Take the stress and uncertainty out of your claim. The staff and attorneys at Althauser Rayan Abbarno, LLP handle the daily paperwork and management of the claim, so the injured worker can focus on their health and recovery. Stress from a claim often frustrates injured workers and delays recovery.
Althauser Rayan Abbarno, LLP offers free injury consultations in Centralia and Olympia to assist injured workers navigate the complex worker’s compensation laws. Their experienced and knowledgeable attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights and benefits. Schedule a free consultation with Althauser Rayan Abbarno, LLP by calling (360) 736-1301, or visit them online at CentraliaLaw.com.