Motorcycle liability insurance is not required in the State of Washington; however, Althauser Rayan Abbarno injury attorneys recommend coverage for yourself and others. That is why Althauser Rayan Abbarno offers FREE Injury Consultations in Olympia and Centralia to victims of motorcycle collisions.
This year, the Washington State Department of Transportation reported 162 crashes involving motorcycles with 11 resulting in fatalities. In Lewis County, there have been 3 motorcycle fatalities and (3) motorcycle fatalities in Thurston County in the first four (4) months this year.
The injury attorneys with Althauser Rayan Abbarno remind all drivers and riders to stay alert and sober. Crashes can be accidents, but choosing to be financially responsible is not.
Although it is not mandatory, motorcycle riders should consider doing of to the following:
- Buy Liability Insurance;
- Leave a Certificate of Deposit of $60,000 or more with the State Treasurer; or
- Maintain a Liability Bond of $60,000 or more with a state-approved surety bond company.
Motorcyclist can be protected by the State insurance minimums of
- $25,000 for bodily injury/death of one person per accident;
- $50,000 for bodily injury of two people per accident;
- $10,000 for injury or property or person per accident
The injury attorneys with Althauser Rayan Abbarno represent individuals injured in automobile, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian collisions. To meet with our experienced attorneys in Olympia or Centralia, call (360) 736-1301 or visit CentraliaLaw.com